The ADKAR Model is a change management model the focuses on the human element
What is ADKAR?
An acronym for the 5 outcomes an individual needs to achieve for a change to be successful.
Awareness – Of the need for change
Desire – To participate and support the change
Knowledge – On how to change
Ability – To implement desired skills and behaviors
Reinforcement – To sustain the change
• Help support indiviaual transition in change
• Identify what is needed for successful change
• Focus conversations around the change Diagnose gaps (which ADKAR element is missing?)
Who Uses ADKAR?
Change practitioners, sponsors, people managers,project managers, and others in key roles.
Steps of ADKAR Change
- Aware and understand why the change is necessary.
- Feel dissatisfied with the current state.
- Understand the negative consequences of not changing.
- Want to participate in the change.
- Having the knowledge of how to change.
- New skills and behaviors to make the change happen.
- The change is reinforced within each individual.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Focuses on outcomes not tasks.
- Allows you to measure how well the change is progressing.
- It recognizes the importance of people.
- Provides a clear checklist to manage change.
- It is better suited to smaller change initiatives.
- It ignores the complexity of change.
- PowerPoint Files
- 130+ Free Theme Colors
- Apple Keynote Files
- Google Slides Files
- Adobe Illustrator Files
- 16:9 HD Aspect Ratio
- All Graphic Resizable and Editable